The process of turning prospects into new clients isn’t complicated, but it can definitely be tricky. Sometimes agents focus all their attention on generating leads, and while this is of course important, it means that following-up with those leads gets treated as an afterthought.
This is a critical mistake in lead conversion. Without a follow-up strategy in place, leads can go stale, fall through the cracks, or worse – you could actually be driving them away.
Since every lead is a possible source of new business, it seems obvious that we should contact and qualify every single one, yet many agents struggle with this concept. They try to “cherry-pick” leads, only calling those that look best on paper. Or they procrastinate, delaying or putting off calling while the leads quickly cool off. And some hide behind email-only follow-up, hoping that a message in the lead’s inbox will prompt them to call.
The reasons why agents do these things are many and complex – that first direct contact with a lead is something that digs deep into people’s psychology. Perhaps it’s a fear of rejection, something burned into agents during long nights of cold-calling. For others, it might be a lack of confidence or skill in the phone call. I’ve heard different reasons from all kinds of agents. But with even a little extra thought and preparation put into the follow-up process, lead conversion
(and profits) can be dramatically improved.
This week, we launched the latest in our AgentSecrets Video Series, this time on the topic of building a follow-up strategy. In this series, we’ll explore the how to make every lead count and some of the best strategies that we know are working well for our clients.
Don’t let poor follow-up be one of those “silent killers” that holds your business back!
Steve talks to Craig Proctor about the latest Internet marketing trends and points you to some invaluable marketing resources.
- Campaign microsites, and integrating them with your ad strategies
- Where to start promoting your website
- Tracking and optimizing your ad campaigns
- The formula for success with your website
- Essential Marketing Resources available online
- Q&A with SuccessWebsite Members
Continue reading Internet Marketing Training Call with Stephen Raitt
The following transcript could literally change your real estate career. It is quite lengthy (about 17 pages). I highly recommend that you print it out and read it carefully with a hiliter pen in hand.
At always, we’re committed to your success,
Audio Transcript – Internet Coaching Call with Stephen Raitt and Craig Proctor
10 Steps To $1 Million On The Internet
Welcome. My name is Steve Raitt. I’d like to take this opportunity to congratulate you on taking a giant step towards achieving a greater level of success in your business than you can possibly imagine. This program spells out everything that you need to know to bring your business to the Internet, and could be the key to the million-dollar breakthrough your business has been waiting for!
Continue reading Internet Marketing Rollout
Skepticism is today’s number one trend. No matter how good your USP or advertising is, people will not trust or fully believe your claims and promises unless you are able to back them up with PROOF. One of the best ways to provide this proof is through the use of testimonials – and your website gives you the perfect vehicle for displaying them.
Since it is natural to distrust marketers, your goal should be to break down this distrust with powerful testimonials that convince prospects of your message. This is done by offering specific proof of the results of your services. Your testimonials need to be detailed and specific, including facts, figures and statistics, wherever possible. It is these details that help prospects overcome skepticism, and gain trust in your claims and promises.
Continue reading Proof Positive – How to use Testimonials on your Website
If you’ve got a great website like Craig’s (www.CraigProctor.com), you need to leverage it in every possible way. Your website can and should be an incredibly effective tool during your listing and buyers’ presentations. Here’s how to use your website to close nearly every appointment that you get:
- Before the presentation, be sure to ask your prospects to review your site prior to the listing appointment. They’re sure to be impressed at least enough to be favorably disposed to you before you arrive. Better yet, it will help to steer them away from any other agents that they may be interviewing.
- Include views or printouts of the home page for all of your websites as part of your printed or slide presentation. If you’re using multiple websites (branded and unbranded), be sure to include printouts of each site. Explain the differences between branded and unbranded sites and how this attracts more potential buyers.
- Demonstrate or show printouts of the key pages within your site. Pages such as the “VIP Buyer Program” and the “Online Home Evaluation” will impress most prospects.
- Show them how their house will look within the listings section of your website. Illustrate the virtual tour and slideshow features. Be sure to point out the benefits of the viral marketing features such as the “Email this listing to a friend”. If you can add a sample listing for their house in advance, they’ll really be impressed.
- If you’re using 360 degree virtual tours, be sure to point this out and describe the benefits. Better yet, if you’re using the “Egg” to take your own 360 degree photos, take the lens and camera with you and demo it while you are there. It looks very cool and will definitely make you appear technically savvy.
- If your site generates a significant amount of traffic, don’t forget to printout the traffic statistics and report requests that your site generates.
- Make a list of all the ways that you market and promote your website (and the houses within it) and describe how this benefits all your clients.
- In most cases, listings that go to your MLS will automatically be placed on Realtor.com and a number of other real estate search portals. Even though all listings sent to the MLS will get to these sites, you’ll be the only agent taking credit for it.
This should give you a significant amount of ammunition to help you get the contract. I’m sure once you think a little bit about this you’ll quickly come up with some other ideas of your own.
Your SuccessWebsite will have provided you with some excellent leads – people who have raised their hands and TOLD you that they were moving. If you fail to follow up promptly, professionally and systematically with these people, YOU WILL LOSE THEM.
This 5-Step Follow Up System will improve your conversion of prospects – the people who have raised their hands identifying their intention to buy or sell – into face-to-face appointments. The system includes a series of calls, letters and newsletters which help give you top-of-mind consciousness with prospects.
Continue reading A 5-Step Follow Up System To Convert Prospect to Appointment
GREAT FOR NEW AGENTS! This campaign allows you to quickly generate a stable of buyers by targeting first time home buyers.
Continue reading Stop Renting Campaign
A PROVEN WINNER! This campaign can easily supply you with all of the quality seller leads and listings you need.
Continue reading Online Home Evaluation Campaign
As any savvy marketer will tell you, one of the keys to closing any deal and profiting from clients over the long term is a reliable follow-up system that delivers a proven sales message. Frankly, nearly all businesses (not just realtors) fail dismally in this regard.
Follow-up has traditionally been a difficult and time-consuming task. In most businesses, especially small businesses, new prospects are usually contacted only ONCE via mail or telephone. There is always the good intention to follow up again later, but the discipline required to do this is sorely lacking. There are always a million other things to do. Sales appointments. Walk-in customers. Staff meetings. Paperwork. Dealing with that frustrated client whose home just won’t sell and steadfastly refuses to lower the price. Always something else to do…
Wouldn’t it be great if you could simply automate most of your follow-up process? What if you could automatically, and with almost no effort on your part, educate every one of your clients making your services absolutely indispensable to them?
Continue reading How To Automatically “Stay-In-Contact” Forever With Your Clients